To be a world-class regulatory body for the activities of Medical Physics.
A country where physics will play a major part in its health delivery program.
The purpose of the NAMP shall be:
- To promote the application of the methods and concepts of physics in medicine, biology, industry, teaching and research.
- To encourage professional interest in training and safety in medical physics and related fields.
- To prepare and disseminate technical information in medical physics and related fields.
- To promote cooperation in scientific research, development and education within the field of medical physics and related fields.
- To promote scientific exchanges on medical physics and related fields of science.
- To recommend standards for education, training and accreditation programmes within the fields of medical physics and related fields.
- To encourage scholarships and exchange of scientific information within appropriate fields.